Re-Enrollment Exception for Adult Learners

Related Topic: Re-enrollment

An adult learner who wants to return to the University after a period of non-enrollment does not need to follow the re-enrollment procedure if all of the following criteria apply:

  • the period of non-enrollment has been less than three years,
  • the student withdrew from his/her last semester of enrollment,
  • the student is seeking entrance to a major in which he/she was previously enrolled, and
  • the requested major is authorized to be eligible for this exception.

The procedure for the adult learner who meets these criteria is to contact the appropriate campus registrar so that the registration system can be activated for him/her. If these criteria are not met, the adult learner should follow the stated re-enrollment policy and procedures.

Reviewed: July 2015
Last Update: July 2009

Reference(s): Academic Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual: K-1