Every Penn State student is assigned a home campus where he/she must register. Students and academic advisers can see a student's campus in LionPATH (Academics/Academic Background).
Multiple-campus registration is a procedure for students who want to enroll in courses at his/her assigned campus and at another Penn State campus (or campuses) in the same semester or session.
This arrangement is particularly useful for students who are registered for practicum experiences (other than student teaching) near another Penn State campus and wish to enroll in courses at that campus. When planning a multiple-campus registration, the student should consult with his/her adviser.
If a student plans to schedule the majority of his/her credits at a campus other than his/her assigned campus, the student should request a temporary change of campus.
Student Action if the other campus (including World Campus) is not University Park:
- Register for a course or courses at your assigned campus.
- In LionPATH Search for Classes (tutorial: Searching for Classes), identify a course or courses at the other campus you would like to attend.
- Contact the Registrar's office at the other campus for permission to add the course(s). For World Campus courses, call 1-800-252-3592.
Student Action if the other campus is University Park:
- Register for a course or courses at your home campus.
- Obtain permission from the University Park department that offers each course that you want.
- If permission is granted, the department will add the course to your schedule.
Last Update: June 2016
Reference(s): Academic Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual, C-2.11