The Late-Drop Checklist
If you are considering a Late Course Drop
- Check the Policy. Look for Late Drop in the advising handbook at handbook.psu.edu.
- Check the late-drop deadline for the course. Use eLion Course Drop Dates.
- Check major requirements. What is the minimum grade needed to enter your major and to graduate?
- Check with your instructor. Is it possible to earn the grade you want/need?
- Check the impact of your expected grade on your cumulative average. Use eLion GPA Prediction.
Check the costs:
- your record
- Your limited late-drop credits
- Your academic progress (prerequisites, entry-to-major, graduation)
- Your late-drop fee
- Your financial aid
Your eligibility for some special programs and opportunities
(e.g., Intercollegiate Athletics, Schreyer Honors College, scholarships, immigration status)
- Check with an adviser. Does difficulty in this course mean you will have difficulty reaching your goals?
If you decide to Late Drop
You can process a late drop in any of these ways:
- on eLion Late Course Drop
- with an adviser
- in the department offering the course
- at the Registrar's office
Check your schedule on eLion. After processing a late drop, be sure the course you dropped is not on your schedule.